|It’s an especially good time to be a Windows Insider.
|While the rest of the world is getting familiar with our recently released Windows 10 Creators Update, Insiders can already preview new features that we’re building for our next major Windows release, the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
|For example, the latest Insider Preview builds contain Story Remix, one of the most exciting updates announced at our recent Build 2017 developers conference. You’ll also discover tools for better battery life, staying better connected with people and more.
New Windows 10 Insider Preview features
|As usual, you can go here for more details on all the Insider Preview builds for both PC and mobile.1
- Tell your story your way: Story Remix is an evolution of the Photos app. Amazingly, Story Remix uses deep learning and artificial intelligence to understand your content and automatically bring it together into video stories—each with a soundtrack, theme and transitions. Then you’re given powerful remix and editing tools to make it just right. Windows Insiders will be the first to try out many of these new tools—with more to come!
- An easier way to connected with your people. With My People, you can pin your favourite contacts directly to the taskbar and view multiple communication apps together, all filtered to each person on your taskbar.2
- Improved battery life with Power Throttling. Our earlier power usage experiments showed Power Throttling3 can result in up to 11% savings in CPU power consumption for some of the most strenuous use cases. Now we’ve made this feature available to all Insiders.
- Awesome new features in Microsoft Edge’s PDF Reader. Now you can fill in PDF-based forms within Microsoft Edge, make notes directly on PDFs, navigate longer PDFs with the Table of Contents feature and even rotate documents for easier reading.
- A re-imagined Magnifier Settings page. To improve the experience for low vision users as well as casual Magnifier users who use it for presentations or quick zooming, we’ve updated the Magnifier Settings page with a new page design and new features.
- Improved update experience. We’ve heard your feedback—and we’ve replaced the previous modal Windows Update dialog with a new interactive toast notification so you can easily be aware of an available update without it interrupting your work.
- New experience for Gmail accounts in Windows 10 Mail & Calendar apps. Our latest features are now also available for Gmail accounts, such as Focused Inbox and richer experiences for travel reservations and package deliveries.